Sunday, April 22, 2012

Proverbs 3:6

  • "In everything you do, put God first, and He will direct you and crown your efforts with success." - Proverbs 3:6

  • One of the first things I learned when I began to get serious about my relationship with the Lord is that He earnestly desires to be involved in every aspect of our lives--including our work. No job is too small or insignificant to pray about. I rejoiced when I discovered Proverbs 3:6 in the Living Bible Translation: "In everything you do, put God first, and He will direct you and crown your efforts with success." Before I tackled a task, I often prayed, "Lord, crown my efforts with success." Then one day I sensed the Spirit of God telling me, "You're missing something." As I sought the Lord about it, He revealed to me that in order for Him to crown my efforts with success, I had to "put Him first" by asking Him to "direct" them. By doing this, I was putting the task in His hands, and depending on His wisdom and power to complete it with success. Now before I begin my work, I often pray, "Lord, direct my efforts, and crown them with success."

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment